- Column: The Joys of Wintertime BirdingWhen one thinks of going out on an outing to look for magnificent birds, the imagination may conjure images of green fields, trees full of […]
- Column: What is Peterborough’s Natural Heritage System?This month marked the launch of Peterborough’s Official plan. The official plan is a set of policies governing everything from transit to housing that are […]
- Jackson Park got its Heritage Designation!Hey Peterborough! Hey Jackson Park! Congratulations! We did it! On December 6th 2021 city council voted to add Jackson Park to the official heritage register […]
- A Huge Opportunity for Jackson ParkMonday December 6th 2021 will hopefully be a momentous occasion for Jackson Park. Peterborough City council will sit down to vote on a heritage designation […]
- Is This A Horror Story For Ants? The Carnivorous Plants Of The KawarthasHappy Halloween! Do you know about our local carnivores? Feasting on insects and slowly digesting them alive! Spooky! Learn more about these beautiful plants.
- Is Your Neighborhood The Hottest In Peterborough?This summer was HOT! But did it feel hotter than it should have? The Peterborough urban heat island might be to blame!
Support Stewards Notes
Thanks for stopping by! If you feel like supporting my writing, please consider following Stewards Notes on Twitter or Facebook. It really helps keep this little enterprise going. If you’re feeling extra generous, use the link to gift me a delicious coffee!
Welcome to Stewards Notes. Originally I started this little site in 2017. Ever since Stewards Notes has been a platform for sharing stories of nature, the environment and sustainability. I often publish sometime on the last week of the month, with other articles occasionally mixed in. I also write a monthly newspaper column for Peterborough This Week. If you’re interested in collaborating, drop me a line, I’m always interested in proposals. You can find me on Twitter or Facebook using: @StewardsNotes